Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cats+Christmas?

The other day, my husband turned on the Christmas music channel on our satellite while we worked around the house.  The baby was down for a nap, and I was in the kitchen cleaning up dishes.  I heard what sounded to me like the baby crying.  Except, this was a different high-pitched cry that I had never heard before.  Somewhat concerned by the sound of this cry, I started going to his room when I realized it wasn't the baby crying at all!


No, it was the weirdest version of a Christmas carol I had ever heard.  Cats were meowing to the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."  I wondered what would drive a person to do this and came out with only a few answers.
1.) Somebody just loves cats THAT much
2.) Somebody is bored
3.) Somebody knows there must be a market somewhere for cats meowing Christmas carols.


And while I am a cat person myself, I prefer my Christmas carols sung by humans. 


If you are at all curious as to how this sounds, you can check out the clip below "Jingle Bells" apparently meowed by the Jingle Cats.



Somebody reading this may be very familiar with this concept.  It's not surprising that I hadn't heard of it.  But I can say this is by far the WEIRDEST Christmas music I have heard (if you can even call it music).  Anybody else heard anything weirder?

No comments:

Post a Comment