Friday, April 22, 2011

The Home Stretch

As of today, I am in my 3rd trimester.  I feel like I can't believe it's already here.  In some ways, it feels like 3 months from now is such a short time.  However, at other times it still makes me feel we do have 13 more weeks to go before the due date and that feels long (even if it is the same amount of time).  He isn't even half of his birth weight yet.  It's crazy.


Yet, it feels good to have 2/3rds of the pregnancy behind me now.  And I will say I do feel that third trimester coming on! I'm starting to have to go to the bathroom more frequently now.  I am having more trouble bending over and getting up out of chairs and such.  Plus, I feel I'm starting to "waddle" oh my! When Gordon Lee moves, it is so strong now! He gave me a scare on Wednesday as he did not move the WHOLE day! I didn't know what to do.  They say to call the doctor for decreased fetal movements, but I didn't want to seem like this obsessive woman who was overreacting.  Fortunately, he got to kicking later on that evening.  Then, on Thursday, he was moving like crazy! I suppose he may have had a little growth spurt. :)


I really just wanted to see what he face looks like.  So, I scheduled a 3D ultrasound that I just had done today.  The little stinker kept covering up his face with his legs and hands.  So, we didn't get a lot of good pictures.  The lady wanted to schedule another session free of charge.  So, I'm going back in on Wednesday to see him again.  


A few things I learned today at the ultrasound were...


  • he is definitely a boy lol
  • he supposedly weighs 2 pounds 2 ounces
  • he is already on his own schedule! Usually, he would have been awake at the time when I had the ultrasound, but he wanted to sleep today.
Here are the two best pictures we got.



As you can see in the first picture, he's quite flexible! :) That's all for now, I will hopefully have a few better pictures on Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. He really looks like he doesn't want to be on camera. When he is finished napping, you're probably going to feel that right leg of his coming down for a full karate kick.:)He has a cute mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the next set of pictures.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete