Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Ready...

When I last wrote on Monday of last week, I thought I was going to be writing a lot last week.  However, I was really tired and I just didn't feel like writing.  Also, I didn't have things quite the way that I wanted them to to post pictures.  Another thing is that my mother ended up blogging about the very same thing I was going to blog about on the same day, so then I didn't want to copy what she put up.  It's not a problem at all..I guess we were just on the same wavelength. :)


Anyway, the nursery is nowhere NEAR where I want it to be, but I have gotten a start on it.  I just have to wait for the bedding, the wall appliques, the mobile, and a clock that will hopefully tie the room together.  It's from a collection called Lambs & Ivy Enchanted Forest. Here is a picture of the whole thing. 


I haven't gotten any of the things from my nursery theme that I want yet except 1 lamp.  So, these pictures of the nursery are FAR from what I want the finished product to be.  But for now, I'll show you the cute, fun things I've added in the meantime.



A few notes about this picture...
1.) The two pictures on the wall are pictures I drew in high school.  One is a raccoon and the other is a chipmunk.
2.) The green box at the end of the bed is being used to hold small toys and books.  when I have time, I plan on ripping off that unsightly label and adding woodland animal appliques with a sign that says "toys"
3.) The bed doesn't have a mattress yet, so I've put some things on it to try to make it look less bare.


Here are some notes about this picture

1.) Instead of buying a new changing table, I decided to cover up the table we had there, get a contoured changing pad, and then put diapers and wipes, etc. underneath where they can't be seen.

2.) The turtle lamp is a GREAT thing that I wanted that I got at one of my baby showers!! :) I'll show more about that in a minute.

3.) I found that fabric for the table for a very low price a Joann's. It has tiny dragon flies on it, and I thought it would go very nice with the theme.

4.) On the end.  I have a little display for when he first comes home.  That blanket is only there temporarily until I can get a fabric for it.  I hope to use the picture frame to hold one of his first pictures.  Then those are a pair of newborn sized shoes given to us! :) They are great!


I had a very hard time capturing a picture of it.  But the turtle lamp projects a constellation on the ceiling and walls! It is an amazing thing! :)

With these pictures, you may be wondering what we do have.

Well......










We have plenty (and let me emphasize that one more time) plenty of clothes! And these aren't even all of them.  I still have clothes in storage that I have yet to fold and put away or hang up.  I started by folding some of them as you see in the bottom picture.  But then I decided not to for the rest because I need to wash all of them anyway.  I just wanted them to have a place to go instead of just sitting around in boxes.  So, I hung up clothes until I used up all of the hangers.  Then, I put others in drawers based on the type of clothing they are.

I can't wait to post a blog of the actual finished nursery! But that will have to wait a little while. 

Also, if you notice that fabulous centerpiece on the table, it is a diaper cake that my mother-in-law and sister-in-law made for us! Since it would be redundant to post it again, you can see it and read about it on my mother's blog! :)

4 comments:

  1. did you paint the cute little pictures on the wall in the first photo?

    I AM GETTING SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

    I hope I can see you sometime in the near future. I miss my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's just a picture of the nursery from amazon.com! lol We are in a rental townhouse and we can't paint. But those animals are actually wall apliques that go on and come off without messing up the walls! I'm planning on getting them and putting them on my walls. I thought it would be a great way to decorate without painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks really super in the nursery. The clothes look so cute hanging up.It makes me want to organize my closet. I like the little shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished nursery! Love adn prayers!

    ReplyDelete