Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby Blog 2

Unless 12 different pregnancy tests I took were all wrong (and the line getting darker is wrong), my symptoms are all in my head.  But, right now (in whatever stage of the pregnancy I'm in), I am having headaches, fatigue, my face is breaking out in zits, my hair is greasy, and little bean decides I need to get nauseous too.  

On Friday night, I had nausea and some vomiting in the evening.  Then, I went all day Saturday with almost no symptoms whatsoever.  There was some minor fatigue but that's about it (plus the acne and bad hair of course).  I was even a little worried about the lack of symptoms. BUUUUT as I laid down to sleep, THEN was the time for me to feel sick to my stomach and get headaches.  Thank you, little one, for waiting until I'm ready to sleep to do a number on my body. 

But it is really all good because those are supposed to be symptoms of a healthy pregnancy, and it does put me at ease a bit.  I want you to hang in there, little one, even if I'm throwing up every day.  It is amazing how, even right now, every part of me desires to nurture and care for this tiny life growing inside of me.  Even if God only permits the baby to live for a few weeks (which I hope isn't the case), it is still a precious beautiful life and a miraculous work of God.

Another symptom I've been experiencing is hunger.  I don't have strange cravings, but I get hungry often.  So, I'm going to have to watch it because I will blow up like a balloon if I'm not careful.  I wake up every morning now at around 6 or 7 am very hungry, and I cannot sleep until I go downstairs and satiate that hunger.   All I really need is a little snack, and I'm finding apples will do the trick (or a yogurt).  

The thing I find interesting right now is that pregnancy symptoms are not necessarily obvious, and I can see how many women could think they are not pregnant when they are.  Because I honestly didn't think of any of these things as pregnancy symptoms at first.

It was only after I got a positive result that things began to piece together and make sense.  

Little one, you are precious to me and I pray for you every day that God will enable you to grow and be strong.  You are a wonderful creation and a blessing to Lee and me.

Finally, a few extras.  Since my First Response Pregnancy tests did come in a package of 3, I kept the others to space out just to see how much the line darkens.  This one, I took this morning, which is much darker than the one I took on Friday.

I did go ahead an develop a baby/pregnancy ticker online.  So, if my calculations are correct, this is where the baby is developmentally right now.  If the doctor says otherwise, I'll update and change the ticker.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment