Monday, December 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland


Whenever I hear the song "Winter Wonderland," I feel as though I have been thrown into a snow globe and shaken up.  Ultimately, I feel like it was a pleasant experience but then part of me is saying, "What just happened?" This song always has me thinking certain things and asking questions.  So below are the lyrics with my personal commentary.  WARNING: If you feel my commentary will ruin the song for you, do not feel the need to read any further.

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
What lane? Are we on a road?
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.

Gone away is the bluebird,
Here to stay is a new bird
Random factoid about bird migration.  I like it!
He sings a love song,
As we go along,
Walking in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
Then pretend that he is Parson Brown
 He'll say: Are you married?
We'll say: No man,
But you can do the job
When you're in town.

Later on, we'll conspire,
Oooo what are you conspiring about? 
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
The plans that we've made,
What plans have you made that you need to face them without fear? Are you planning on eloping? Hmmm?
Walking in a winter wonderland.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
And pretend that he's a circus clown
I thought he was Parson Brown...do you think Parson Brown is on the same level as a circus clown?
We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman,
Until the other kids knock him down.
Okay, wait a minute, I thought you were pretending to get married and then planning on eloping? Are you adults or kids? 

When it snows, ain't it thrilling,
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,
What exactly is the Eskimo way? I'm not sure I know of the way Eskimos frolic and play. Are you building an igloo?
Walking in a winter wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment