Monday, August 22, 2011

Tricks


One night while my mother was here, she was holding Gordon Lee and excitedly called me over to see his new "trick." He had started turning his head from side to side.  He wouldn't do it for me at the time, but I did see it later.  I thought it was so cute that she called it a "trick."

So far, at 6 weeks old, Gordon Lee has picked up the following "tricks."

1.) Head Swivels
As I said before, turning his head from side to side.  He seems to be a big fan of this one.  I do not have much footage of this as it is hard to video tape him while he does it.  I have to hold him upright in my lap for him to do it.  But here is a photo from when he was doing it.  I promise I'm not choking him...just supporting his head/neck.

2.) Lifting his head
For short periods of time, he can pick his head up and turn his head to look around! I couldn't believe it when he just suddenly did it one morning.  All of my photos are blurry because he moves so quickly when he does it.  But here's the proof!


(In this one, he was actually picking his head up to see his daddy who was standing behind me talking to him!)

3.) Staring Contest
He will make eye contact and just stare now.  He started this one about a week or two ago when he would fixate on certain things.  But he is doing it a lot more.  He seems to prefer to stare at our faces :)

4.) Smiling and Cooing
He will smile for very fleeting moments, and he will coo as well.  Since he isn't much of a performer, I don't have much footage of this.  In this one video, there is a small coo.  I tried to repeat it to him to get him to do it again, but he just wouldn't.

Unless there is anything else that I just can't think of right now, those are the major developmental milestones he has hit so far.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these cute pictures and video of all his new "tricks". It is fun to see all he has learned in just 6 weeks!! Also he listens attentively when grandmama talks to him on the phone. That's the best trick!!

    ReplyDelete