Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nursery Time

In one of my previous posts, I had posted a few pictures of the nursery in the works.  Well, now that we are in a new 3 bedroom house, the baby actually has his own room as a nursery.  I like this rather than having to split it between his bedroom and the spare bedroom.


So, now that we are here, we have completed the nursery.  And I have, of course, taken pictures for everyone to see.  
 He won't be sleeping in the crib for awhile, but I set it up for now because I wanted to see how everything would go together.  One thing I found interesting was this.
On the quilt, there is a raccoon in a tree above a chipmunk holding an acorn.  Well, I had drawn two pictures in high school that my mother had framed for me quite awhile ago.  I asked for the pictures because I felt they would go with the nursery theme.
As it turns out, my pictures are of a raccoon in a tree above a chipmunk holding a nut.  I never did finish the chipmunk picture, so the nut isn't colored in.  But here is a picture of the drawings so you can see the comparison.

Then, I have a little corner for rocking and holding him.

Finally, there is a little area where we are going to keep his lamp, baby monitors, and a few other items.  Underneath the fabric is the drawer set holding a few clothes, blankets, towels, sheets, etc.

Lee posted a picture of himself above the stand. I think it looks cute!

So, there is the nursery! :) Finally complete!

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca,

    Just wanted to let you know the the nursery looks really nice. Your little boy will love it.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wallhanging over the bed...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is so cozy-ozie!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete