Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baby Blog 18


Sometimes, people have asked me how the baby is doing.  And I honestly don't know how to answer that. 


I have no idea how the baby is doing.  For all I know, I could have had a missed miscarriage (although I'd pray that is not the case).  It would be wonderful to see in there and know what is going on.  All I know is what I read.  Right now, the baby is somewhere between the size of a lime and a plum.  And..to be honest with you, I have to check out the produce section when I go grocery shopping these days because I never really remember how big these fruits are.  The baby is supposed to be in the fetal stage right now, and he or she should be doing flips.  I can't feel any of that though.


I have to say that I'm liking going from the 11th week onwards because my fatigue is vanishing.  I know it will come back later, but I'll enjoy it for now.  It's so interesting how you learn about pregnancy as you go through it.  For example, I'm not as tired now because the placenta is taking a more active role.  So, the growth of the baby is not so dependent upon my body.  That means more energy for me. WOOHOO!


And I'll tell you, I need more of that energy right now because I think I'd feel like I was going out of my mind going back to school and having no energy.  


Anyway, I'll have to post an update when I get the ultrasound.  It is so nerve-wracking wanting to be excited about the pregnancy, but not quite sure that everything is going as it should.  I know, it is another lesson in faith and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment