Friday, May 27, 2011

Sunlight


I don't know what it is about sunlight, but its capacity to rejuvenate is undeniable.  I know there are people who prefer overcast weather, and that is part of the world's diversity.  However, most people thrive on sunlight more than on cloudy days.  It has actually been proven that people who live in areas where it rains a lot tend to get depressed more than people who live in places with adequate sunshine.

Anyway, that is beside my point.  I am now on day #4 of official summer vacation for me.  So, I have plenty of time on my hands to do almost anything I want to do.  I was planning on getting a lot of cleaning done this week.  And, although I have made good progress, I thought I would have more done by now than I do.  But I have to say that the sunshine and my willingness to let it in has a lot to do with that.

Yesterday, we had thunderstorms at 4 o'clock.  So, there wasn't much I could do it about it then.  But I have found that if I do the simplest thing as opening the blinds, I can't help but get things done! I first noticed this correlation back at our other house.  It would be a Saturday and I would initially feel happy just to sit on the couch watching television...until...my husband opened the door.  When he opened the door and let the sun in, I couldn't just sit there and watch TV.  I felt the need to get up and get things done.

Today, I was sitting down finishing my breakfast and not at all feeling like cleaning things.  At which point, I made the decision to go around the house and open all of the blinds.  Instantly, I was motivated to clean up and organize.  We had several boxes sitting around in our kitchen that I had been wanting to clean up and get out of the way. But I knew I would have to go through them and I didn't want to.  Yet, with the energizing sunlight pouring in through the windows, it felt like it was no problem at all.  And now I'm happy to say our kitchen is free of clutter and boxes! YES! Again, I wish I could take a picture but I don't have a camera.  So, you'll have to take my word for it.

I've done laundry, given my filthy dogs a bath, and spent most of the morning just getting things done! It's amazing what a little sunlight can do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment