Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Blog 22


Juuuuust peachy! Moving on up in the fruit bowl, baby should be around the size of a peach now. That is a 3 and 1/2 inch peach! Granted, since my skin and intestines are not transparent, I'm just going by guidelines. ;)  But seeing as how little one was 3 inches last Wednesday, I wouldn't be surprised if he or she is 3 and 1/2 inches today!

I still don't feel any movement.  I thought I did one morning when I was lying down super still.  However, when I saw the baby moving all around on the ultrasound and didn't feel a thing, I'm thinking it was something else I felt.  It shouldn't be too much longer, though, until I feel the baby...maybe just somewhere from like 3-5 more weeks.

Ever since we saw the baby very healthy at almost 13 weeks, I've been allowing myself to get more excited about this.  I was a nervous wreck at the beginning trying very hard not to be a nervous wreck.  At this point, I'm glad to be statistically be beyond the "danger zone" and moving to the 2nd trimester.  I could also already be in the 2nd trimester depending on what book  you read.  

Another thing I just learned that I didn't know....
Sleeping on your back while pregnant can cut off circulation to the baby.  So, sleeping at night has been just going from one side to the other.  It's trickier than I thought it would be.  I suppose I'll get used to it though. 


2 comments:

  1. I like how you said "moving on up in the fruit bowl". What comes after peach? Before you know it, the baby will be the size of a melon and you won't have much longer to wait. Have a "fruit-full" day...tee-hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your mom - I really like your "moving on up in the fruit bowl" comment. Made me chuckle :-)

    It could have been the "flutters" you felt. In no time now you'll be getting kicked. I thought for sure I was going to deliver a rib with my kids!

    Glad to see you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete