Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh the Challenges of a 4th Grader!

Recently, my mother found a journal I kept when I was in the 4th grade.  I have no recollection of writing this journal whatsoever.  However, it seems as though I was required to write in a prayer journal every so often in class.  Most of the time, I wrote God a "song."  I later explained I wrote a song when I didn't have much to say.  There were some days, though, when I had a lot to say! 


Reading through this, I can't help but be amused at the things that were so monumental in my life at the time.  I will share a few journals leaving all spelling and grammar as is from my 4th grade point-of-view.


Dear God,
Yesterday, I found out that I'm getting an American doll for Christmas.  I'm so happy I can't belive it! Lord can you belive this? So far since the first day of 4th grade I haven't gotten in trouble Lord and I'd just like to ask you to help me through my spelling test today and my quiz today and I just thank you that I haven't gotten in trouble yet.
From
Rebecca




Dear God,
I thank you that my bird laid an egg but I just pray that it will hatch and that she'll have another one today or maby even two or three maby even four so she'll sit on them.
Love
Rebecca


Well God,
My name is on the board.  But I still don't know why.  I thought I would have it up there.  Lord I really think Megan's drawing of the house is good and I'm happy that Mama got A Road to Avonly for me and I'm happy cause nobody is mad at me.


**For these next two, I don't have the dates but they were written back to back.  I guess my moods were very extreme at the time** lol


Dear God,
I'm so happy that it's hard to say how happy I am.  Lord I know you know that special reason that makes me happy but I tell you anyways.  I'm very happy because I can tell that my cosin Kristin loves me and that just makes me feel good inside. 
Love
Rebecca


Dear God,
I am upset because we haven't gotten any SNOW! AND I WANT SNOW! AND I DON'T WANT SNOW ON SATURDAY! That is what makes me so mad I feel like yelling.  Because I don't want school. But I'll try to keep calm.
Love
Rebecca


Finally...


Dear God,
I'm so happy I can't believe how happy I am! I'm happy because we get to go on our field trip today! Horray! Horray! And we also get to go to P.E.  Horray! Horray! And tomorrow Douglas and Uncle Dave are coming! Horray Horray!
Love,
Rebecca


Oh the things I had to say to God back in the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment