Saturday, May 7, 2011

How many weeks exactly?

It seems Gordon Lee is all over the place when it comes to how far along I am with him! My original due date was July 14th (as I'm sure I've said before), which would put me at somewhere around 30 weeks.  I had a few ultrasounds where they estimated (based on his femur length) that he is about 8 days behind that.  In that case, I am 29 weeks and just turned 29 weeks yesterday.  BUT on Thursday, I had my OB appointment at which point he started measuring 31 weeks! 


My doctor also told me that we are not going to go any longer than 1 week past my due date.  So, if he isn't here by July 14th, I will be induced on July 21st.  I had changed my pregnancy tickers from the due date of July 22nd, but I guess I'll change them back to the 14th because I thought I was going to be able to go to 42 weeks if possible (not that I want to).  I really really really HOPE that I do not have to be induced. 


I personally feel that inductions are harder than natural labor.  I have seen them hundreds of times on television and they always seem longer and more intense than natural labor.  The pitcoin is supposed to cause stronger contractions.  I also think that the body is often not ready to labor when induced, so it doesn't always respond other than having contractions.  I just really don't want this.  So, if anyone is reading this blog, please pray for me that I will not have to be induced on July 21st.  


The baby is now the size of a squash. On my ticker, it has a squash that looks like this.
I have learned this is called a golden nugget squash.  Naturally, I looked for it in the produce section yesterday, but they don't seem to sell it here (at least not right now).  They did have other types of squash and they were rather large.  So, I suppose Gordon Lee is the size of any large squash right now! :)  The measurable size (according to my Lilypie ticker) is 16 inches and 3 pounds! I think that's about right.  

In other news, we are actually moving right now! It might sound crazy, but it's only 2-3 minutes away and I can literally take several car trips over there.  I've loaded up the car quite a few times now with things that I can carry and taken them over there.  We just needed more space.  This new house (that we are renting) has 3 bedrooms where the one we have now has 2.  It also has a fenced-in backyard where the dogs can run around.

Our two dogs, Amber and Chloe, who love being outside, really need space to run around.  Amber loves the new yard so much that she started running laps around it! I tried to get a picture of her, but she was running so fast it just came out as a brown blur.

After we're moved in, I'll take pictures of the nursery.  But the new room is PERFECT for Gordon Lee! :) Here are a few pictures of the house for anyone interested :)










2 comments:

  1. Yes, induction is much more intense than regularly starting labor. Did that once. so we will pray that you just go into labor,k? Maybe Gordon Lee will come on the 4th of July:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask why your doctor said he will want to induce you after 41 weeks? That seems on the early side, since the average gestation for a first-time mother is 41+3.

    ReplyDelete